I really love Irish music. Like, it’s my favorite genre of music if I had to pick one. It’s the one I listen to the most.
I’m not fond of anything with TOO much of a back-beat. I mean, I want to be able to hear the piano, guitar, etc. and not just “THUMP-THUMP-THUMP”.
These are some Irish songs I listen to. Different artists, different styles, all Irish, all great. Some well known, some not.
- Smeorach Chlann Domhnaill (Scottish Gaelic Song)–Julie Fowlis–album Every Story
2. Brume O’ Dawn–various artists–album Celtic Mist
And the name of this one!!!!!! Not encouraging any whisky in YOUR jar, but this one is just a plain favorite 🙂
3. Whisky in the Jar–Phil Coulter–various albums
4.The Mermaid’s Tears–various artists–album Celtic Dreamtime
This is really cool for me, having heard the Boston Pops in concert 🙂
5. Planxty Burke–Boston Pops / Keith Lockhart–The Celtic Album
6. Athair Ar Nearmh–Enya–album The Memory of Trees
7. Dance de Bacio–Nature Quest / Northsound–album Celtic Renaissance
I realize most of these are actually gentler songs, but I included the album name so you can look up all the beautiful songs on the albums!